Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Pre-Wedding Preps: PINK PARLOUR


Harlow Ladies!!! I know that it has been like eons and decades since I actually post anything on this blog. Just need to M.I.A for awhile cos its like only 1 more FREAKING day LEFT before the BIG FAT WEDDING!!!!! Yayyyness!!!! 

Anyway, before I blab about some emotional stuff and cry like no song (direct translation: nangis tak berlagu)....I honestly did try to put in some effort to speak proper malay nowadays..cos the Hubby's (hubby sey....hurhur) side all full of top ranking malay teachers tau..skali if they talk to me in malay den I reply in English...macam ngada-ngada pulak kan...although the fact that they havent heard me speaking in my atrocious malay language...how i get distinction for malay the other time...I dont know!!

Sooooooooo, anyways!! Yesterday, me and Ms. Snooki aka my Matron of Honour plus another bridesmaid of mine accompanied me to my first Virgin trip to waxing. Thanks ah gals, for all the teasing and making me feel like a nervous wreck the whole morning. I do not think my diarrhoea plus all those pee wee sessions in the toilet numerous time is due to excitement but more likely because of the fear and "zraaaaaaaaaaaappp!!" sessions that I was going to encounter.

I know that in my previous post here, I have mentioned about the different hair removal companies that I might be going to. Places such as STRIP and Fabulous Tan are one of the choices that I was considering. However, one of my Bridesmaid actually went to groupon and saw a promo by Pink Parlour and they charge only $20 for Brazilian Waxing and intially, I was quite apprehensive about this whole groupon matters beause who knows if you pay cheaper you get cheapo service?? Girls logic mahhh....

Anyhoo, I've always thought that PINK PARLOUR was not so popular as other places such as the much rave about STRIP and all. So, I went to few forums and read some reviews and what d'ya know?!! Most of it have good reviews except for one local blogger who swears by her hair that she will not step into PINK PARLOUR AGAIN. Her review scared the shit out of me hokay?!! And, not to mention I almost U-turn when I reach PINK PARLOUR and Ms. Nooki give me one deathly look and I decided I would better not mess with my Matron of Honour......tu lagik danger!!

PINK PARLOUR has few branches islandwide such as Far east plaza, NEX Mall @ Serangoon and Orchard Central. So, I went to google and look at the images on which branch that has the most nicest look. Of cos, this irritate the girls because they say I should be researching on the therapist instead. But I didnt care and acted like a Blonde anyway. Hahk!!!

So, of course I picked the branch at Orchard Central...Ta-Daaa!!!




So SANTEK right?!!!!! Akak Loike sangat!! Especially, cos everywhere around is my favourite bimbotic colour EVER. Lurveees!!!

So, appoint stepping in...the staffs at the main counter are generally friendly and after reading reviews from a local blogger about the therapist at the OC that we need to stay away from, I was praying so hard that it would not be the therapist that makes others pee!! But what d'ya know?!!! There goes my luck and after I changed and wrap myself with a towel...look who comes in!!! The so-called therapist that the local blogger was so angry and rave about.

BUT, THIS IS ONE THING I MUST ADD!! ALL THE REVIEWS THAT I HAVE READ ABOUT HER IS TOTALLY WRONG!!!!!!

She is the most nicest, sweetest girl ever and I did told her that it was my first trip for a waxing appointment and she told me clearly about the procedures and what I would expect and which are the sensitive areas that I would want to be ready about. How can this SUPER FRIENDLY person be so cruelly reviewed? I do not know!!! 

For a first timer, I was actually laughing most of the time in the waxing room. Im not blaming my therapist if she thinks Im a resident from a nearby circus or something. But, it was a hell lot of fun with her!! We laughed, joke and although I shouted OMG! OMG! during the process...we will just laugh it off together. It feels that I had a friend to share my waxing woes for the whole of 20 minutes.

No doubt, pain macam nak mampz to the max ah!! But this therapist made the whole process easier for me! I would definitely come again to PINK PARLOUR and have her as a therapist again. And, furthermore for those of you who have never been to wax parlours before...the wax is FREAKING HOT NAK MAMPZ!!! Just be prepared...But I survived!!! Yayy!!! So, you can too!!

For a person who cries at a mere sight of blood on her hands, I think I did pretty well [leh], *pat pat on the back!

And in case you would want to know who is my therapist, her name is Siti, a very sweet and petite girl and super friendly too!!!

Also, my advice to all girls who wants to do any type of service or being a customer, show your politeness to people. Make them your friends!! Do not be so sibe-atas and think that the whole world owes you a bloody freaking living and maybe, you will be surprised to know that even the person you think is rude is actually a fun person to begin with.

In this case, I totally find the negative reviews on the web is baseless and we cant always hear from one side either. Experience it yourself and you might be surprised. As for me, I click well with my therapist and indeed my FIRST Waxing session is just FUN FUN FUN!!!!!! Or maybe it's just because Beau always calls me a Dory cos I am just too friendly with everyone in my line of sight...

P.S: And I paid full price instead cos I lambat sekentut in buying the Groupon Deal...sigh...Anyways, the price for Brazilian Waxing is $58.85 after GST for your info.

Oh well!! Anyways, THANK YOU AGAIN TO MY THERAPIST SITI!! YOU ARE AWESOME GAL!

Till then,
Loved.




No comments:

Post a Comment