Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Proposal.

How did you Proposed again Dear?

I still cant believe it. Do you? Girlfriends are laughing their Asses off after hearing my sadistic proposal.
Now many of you would Dream of having a Man on his knees saying "Will You Marry me?" In my case, my hopes just DASHED near to the Longkang just opposite anak Cik Som house. You see the above picture. You got it. Of all places. Geylang Serai Market and Food Centre was his choice to propose to me. Yes Me! The IT girl! The Love of His LIFE??

In my heart was like come on...was this a freaking joke or a nightmare?!!! Somebody Slap me!! Which I did it self-servicingly 5 minutes after he said the so called "magic" word.

Tell me What happen to the likes of Sunset in Sentosa or or Romancing near any River? At least Yishun Dam will look better than a Pasar..yes? 

A true blue Malayan blood I would say. Proud for him to be having Malay stamped on his I/C. Pffft!!!

Well it wasnt any sweet nothings that was hushed to my ears.....Let me re-enact the whole script for ya.

(As I was eating my Pasar Malam Sambal Kway Teow Goreng)

Him: You know what Byy? My friend Aizat ( or Something like that the name cos I was concentrating more on peeling the prawn on my brown paper) he is getting engaged already you know. How about us? I think we should also think about it. We should also get engaged too right? What say you??

Me: *Gulp and I say "Did you just propose to me?"

Him: Yeah...some sort like that.

Me: *Blush. ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh BUT WAIT!!! You proposed to me in Pasar Geylang while Im having my early sahur in the month of Ramadhan????!!!!!!

Him: Good what. More berkat. People never do i do larrr. Its good what Geylang Serai. Follow tradition.

Luckily, the stools were attached to the floor if not. Somebody would have been sent to the nearest Hospital. Not that I'm a materialistic bitch but cmon man....why are you doing this to me??? 

This is the only part in my life that I want it to be magical. romantic. something like what you see in the movies and read in the Sweet Valley High School Novels.Ohh welll....its over and done with. At least if i had known earlier that he would want to propose, I would have emailed him a script. To hell with Integrity and screw the code of cheating. At the very least, I could have heard sweet nothings and for the rest of my life pretend that he said it from the bottom of his heart.

But who's perfect?

I remembered a quote that I chance upon while Googling on the net. It somehow teaches me how not to have over expectations in finding your perfect half. It goes like this,

" If you go all out to find the perfect man, are you a Perfect Woman to begin with?"
- From Dunno Who (Sound something like that  larr) 

Stabs you in the heart doesn't it? It got mine too.

No comments:

Post a Comment