Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Joget Lambak. NOT.


Halow U'allz!!! Since, I am on a free rollin good times nowadays cos of the school hols might as well I make myself useful and add some Babblings on my blog. So, issue to day, "To Joget Lambak or not to Joget Lambak?" That's the question.

For those of you who do not know what is Joget Lambak, it means to dance with a group of other enthusiastic mak-chics in a circle cos Lambak means a-lot right??..like say, "Eh, detu anak berlambak kaper?!"  Urm, yup. Macam gitu ah agaknyer. So, in this case Joget Lambak means to joget ramai-ramai. Thanks Google Translator.

The issue came up because, I met up with my Entertainment Company and we are family friends after all so I know whenever they do parties, it is POWER Gedegak!! Like weddings and such, it is so lively and fun. So, when he mentioned that at the end of the day that the couple has to dance this Joget Lambak, me and Beau give the "errrrrrr.....tight lip..rolllin eyes in the skies look." And we saw videos of couples and their Bridesmaids plus Groomsmen who actually dance in the middle the void deck prancing to Jamal Mirdad songs. It gave me Goosebumps. Not to mention, Beau immediately wanted to sprint off and because I am giving murderous stares, he stop short.

Ok ok, it looks nice and fun to have this joget lambak and stuff la but meanwhile, I must say this is not for the both of us. We believed in Prevention is Better than Cure and in this case, we will be keeping the wedding videos for our next generation to see and I dont want my cucu cicit ngoneng2 will be laughing their ass off seeing their nenek in a gown trying to put on some moves. You geddit??!

I am just a person who is not particularly in favour of making myself looks like a fool. And the scary part is that, my Deejay says this is a "MUST". Hello, not everyone goes to "Silver Tortoise" and can gelek okay?! I cant. I wont.

And not to mention, Beau who claims that he has two left feet but I'm guessing that he can actually dance cuma member malu semacam jer nak show off his skills says that he would not be force to dance to the groove of a dangdut or a jamal mirdad or WORSE for me...M.Daud Kilau!!!! I just cant stand M.Daud Kilau, mainly because as a toddler I was forced to take pictures with him back in Indonesia when he has a concert there and my dad fooled me saying he is Michael Jackson's Brother. And ever since then, I have been so called "coloured" with many mean jokes hokay?! It almost ruin my tween years....grrrrr!! hahahhaha

And on one fateful night in the car as I fetch Momma from her office, she also mentioned that she is not into the idea of all this Joget Lambak and stuff and she says it looks like some "cheapo party in the 50's" and especially some old aunties in tudung[s] who "gelek[s]" like nobody's business. Oh well, we have seen it in some weddings and it scares the hell out of me. Firstly, there was one makcik who say she got backache and the next minute when the dj turned on the song "Mimpi Manis", she got up and gelek like mad la siolz. One wild cow man.

And I wouldnt want that for my wedding, not in front of my students somemore. And luckily Momma and Papa agreed to my request. *Hengggggg ahhh!!!

And also one more thing that I requested to them was NOT TO HAVE ANY DANGDUT GENRE. EVER. for my wedding cos I have seen some makcik[s].in tudung[s]. AGAIN took out a CD from her bag and suddenly her song was aired and she was prancing and dancing like a maniac shouting from the top of her lungs. She must have had good lungs and I bet people 10 blocks down could hear her shriek.

Just like this "kocok-kocok" makcik that was featured and went viral in FB:


Makcik was possessed by some Hantu Dangdut I guessed. So, you see these kind of people scares the hell out of me and believe me prancing and dancing in front of public which might consist of your former and current students is never a good idea.

I would rather sing like a toad than doing an "Inul" inspired act.

Till then,

Loved.


No comments:

Post a Comment